Passover or easter: Or, if you were participating in the…
“life is like a box of chocolates
You never know what you’re going to get”
Is that really true? As Sons and daughters of the Most High God, is it right to say that we don’t know what to expect?
“You never know what life is going to throw at you…”
“life is like a box of chocolates”. I never really could get past that first part of his sentence.
Some chocolate boxes contain all of the same types of pieces and they are all very consistent.
I don’t believe that is what the writers were thinking when they put that phrase in the movie script but that is what I was thinking when I heard it.
“The only thing for certain in life is death and taxes…”
The second part of the phrase is “You never know what you’re going to get”. Well, that isn’t correct either.
In Psalm 69 King David is anguishing desperately over his very challenging situation. In verse one he says “Save me, oh God”.
But then by verse 13 he is saying “As for me, my prayer is unto you, O Lord, in an acceptable time.”
Especially with modern media, we hear these anti-Christ words of Forest Gump, or “you never know what life is going to throw at you”, or “death and taxes”, so much that they begin to be engrained in us even more than the truth. It is so very important to meditate on the truth of God every day.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
You can rest in the promises of God
It is true that Yeshua told us:
“It is impossible but that offenses will come:
but woe unto him, through whom they come!”
But while you may never know exactly what is going to happen every instant your life, you certainly can embrace the promises of God. They are all “yes and a-mein” all the time…
There are probably a countless number of the promises of God in the Bible that you can claim and embrace as your own. Here are a few:
- You are no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Galatians 4:7
- Thus says Yahweh unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 2 Chronicles 20:15
- Cast not away, therefore, your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. Hebrews 10:35
- Your hand shall find out all your enemies: Your right hand shall find out those that hate you. You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: Yahweh shall swallow them up in His wrath, and the fire shall devour them. Psalm 21:8-9
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
So while it may be true that you can’t know every surprise that life is going to throw at you, How comforting it is to know that your life is never bigger than what you can handle as you remain “In Christ”.
God and His promises are faithful and true. The more we embrace Him, the more we come to know that He is. “They that wait upon The Lord will renew their strength.”
You can rest in the promises of God with confidence.
God’s Kingdom Realm
Join me on the Morning Watch at 6:30 AM PT M-F
Daily Encouragement: Daily Devotionals online and delivered to your inbox helping you to address the issues of life in America today.